School Age Programs
Children’s Autism Center is proud to offer non-graded elementary school programs offering ABA therapy in a classroom-like environment.
Non-graded Elementary School-Age Program
Learners in our non-graded elementary school-age program benefit from having an individual ABA therapist with them at all times while also taking direction and following instructions from our master’s-level certified classroom teacher. In addition, learners benefit from group instruction and intensive individual ABA therapy sessions that occur throughout the day. As with all programs at CAC, an experienced behavior analyst oversees each child’s program and progress in the non-graded elementary school-age programs and ensures goals are being reached and meaningful growth is evident.
Providing a classroom setting that employs the principles of ABA allows our learners to practice critical classroom/group skills that are pivotal to success in various group settings. Skills our learners work on include:
- Following a daily schedule
- Following group rules and expectations (sitting in seat, raising hand, requesting bathroom breaks, following verbal instructions/directions, etc.)
- Transitioning to/from a variety of settings and activities
- Participating in group activities both preferred and non-preferred including arts & crafts, Handwriting without Tears group, snack, recess, and lunch
- Social and communication skills with peers and teachers
Many learners enrolled in our non-graded elementary school-age programs will transition from the classroom setting directly to our center-based one-on-one ABA therapy sessions at 1PM when CAC’s school-age program ends.